Friday, August 31, 2007

What is Bareng2?

An initiative to garner links. It's supposed to work pretty much like all such initiatives do:

We all know how important getting link backs is and with this chain, you can get the ball rolling! You don’t have to be an established blogger to take part in this chain.Here are the rules:
1. Copy this post from the point where it says “Start Copy Here” to the point where it says “End Copy Here”
2. Add yourself and 5 of your favorite bloggers to the end of the list.
3. Post this on your blog

The Life of Socrates: Bareng2 Increasing Your Traffic :))

However, instead of following the instructions exactly as given, I left a comment as follows:

Would it work? Unless:

  1. I have a good number of readers already, and 
  2. Some percentage of these readers follow my request to link to you.

I'd like to give you more than a dead-end link from me. Help me get a little readership by including me in your list of 5 bloggers friends and then I link to you.

 

Was this comment was noticed by Nanyaar, or did he just link to me minutes later quite independently?

I got to know Nanyaar while experimenting with my first posts from BlogCamp in Chennai last year. He happened to be waiting at the airport and following the conference online.

Great to hear from you, Nanyaar!

Here are a few links:

  1. Is there no sin in it?   No longer updated, but there are some awesome posts.
  2. Out There  Hasn't been a post from Elizabeth Starr Hill, who wrote the most exquisite posts about nature and people. I hope she is happy and well, even if not blogging.

Oops, I was supposed to find five bloggers and notify them about the links, then why have I listed only two discontinued blogs!

Just keeping space for anybody else who notices my offer :-)

 

Blog Day 2007

 

Technorati tags:

No comments: